Click each benefit for more details
It’s Compact (Read More)
The Z-Base 555 is only 28” wide by 14.5” deep by 3 3/8” high (cabinet is 2.75" but stands on 5/8" high plinth base.) Everything is inside this compact cabinet – speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
Simple Installation (Read More)
The 555 requires only one connecting cord -- you can use either analog or digital connection options. Connect the one cord and you're done. You can place the 555 directly beneath most 26" - 50" flat panel TVs*, or on a shelf beneath the TV. * TV base should not exceed 27" in width or 13" in depth. TV should not exceed 110 pounds in weight. Safety instructions in Z-Base 555 Operating Instructions and in TV's Operating Instructions should be closely examined and followed.
Simple To Use (Read More)
In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the ZVOX 555 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can adjust control volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound (Read More)
The 555 uses ZVOX’s proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage – it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you – putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system – including ours – will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 555 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system “remarkably ingenious.”
No Skimping On Speaker Quality (Read More)
Most audio systems in our price category use very cheap speakers in plastic cabinets. But at ZVOX we’re “old school” about things like this. We use nothing but high quality speaker drivers, carefully designed by ZVOX engineers and manufactured to our specification. The 555 uses specially treated long-excursion main drivers. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material uses in most high-end loudspeakers.
Editorial Accolades (Read More)
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
"An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
"An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
"Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
"Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
"Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
"Best audio product of the year." - CNET
"Knockout sound." - MSNBC
"A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
"Home theater product of the year." - About.com
"Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide
Technical Details (Read More)
- Dimensions: 28"W x 14 1/2"D x 3 3/8"H
- Weight: 20 pounds. With box and packing: 23 pounds.
- Amplifier: The 555 uses a high-efficiency 70 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Frequency range: 45 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 555 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound – pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems – including the PhaseCue II system – are limited in their effects when compared to a good 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue II is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- The 555 is bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 555's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 555's five 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 555 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- A 2-meter RCA-RCA analog stereo connecting cord is included.
- Works only with 110-120 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 555 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box? (Read More)
- One stereo RCA to stereo RCA connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue II (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), Dialog Emphasis (DE).
- Power cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.
The ZVOX 30-Day Home Audition
Every ZVOX purchase is backed by our 30-day money-back guarantee. Try the system in your home — with your movies and music. If you don't love it, return it.
Write an online review and share your thoughts!
Avg. Customer Review:
Number Of Reviews: