AccuVoice AV205 TV Speaker Overview
ZVOX AccuVoice 205 TV Speaker That Can Be Fine-Tuned To Your Ears
Can’t hear voices on TV? We can fix that!
The AccuVoice AV205 Speaker uses patent-pending technology to make voices clear and easy to understand when you watch a program, movie or sporting event on TV. It is an advanced version of our AV200 model, and is designed so that it can be "fine tuned" to the hearing impairment of an individual. While the "one setting fits all" approach of the AV200 works very well for most people, if you have more severe hearing impairment, the AV205 may be right for you.
Note: We strongly suggest that you have an audiologist or trained hearing aid specialist adjust the AV205 based on the result of a professionally administered hearing test. The results of a hearing test is called an audiogram -- and that chart is the key to properly matching the settings of the AV205 to an individual's ears. If you’re having a lot of trouble understanding TV dialogue, a hearing test is a good idea for a number of reasons (for example, you could have an infection or a damaged eardrum). We would be happy to sell you an AV205 AccuVoice Speaker that you can have adjusted by a specialist.
Five settings match the AV205 to your ears.
There are five special settings on the AV205's "Audiology Remote Control."
- Focus - increases the emphasis on dialogue.
- Voice - adds artificial harmonic distortion to words to add an edge to their clarity.
- Frequency compensation - increases the emphasis on frequencies in the "consonant range," which are the key to dialogue intelligibility.
- Bass reduction - reduces bass which would otherwise interfere with voice reproduction.
- Compression - restricts variations in volume so that all sounds are about the same loudness.
When these five adjustments have been made, they can be stored as the "AccuVoice 1" setting on the speaker. The AccuVoice 2 option is a mild generic setting that most listeners will appreciate. It's simple to use the remote control to switch between AccuVoice 1 and AccuVoice 2 -- depending on who is listening at the time.
Other than these adjustments the AV205 works exactly like the AV200, our consumer model AccuVoice Speaker -- described below.
The AccuVoice TV Speaker has built-in hearing aid technology that makes TV dialogue crystal-clear – even at low volumes. Our patent-pending AccuVoice system uses advanced computer algorithms to lift voices out of the background sounds. It really works! Read over 500 Amazon reviews and you’ll see how the AccuVoice sound bar has helped thousands of people hear TV dialogue clearly.
The AccuVoice soundbar uses an aluminum cabinet that is only 17” wide and less than 3” high. You can use it in front of the TV, on a shelf below or to the side – or you can wall-mount it. It fits just about anywhere. With only one connecting cord, it’s easy to hook up – the owner’s manual is one sheet of paper! It uses three high-performance full-range speakers – including a center speaker – to create high quality, room-filling home theater sound. It even includes our PhaseCue virtual surround sound system for theater-like special effect.
If you’re having trouble hearing voices on TV, try the AccuVoice Speaker for 60 days in your own home. If you don’t love it, return it for a refund. Go ahead,..click the Add To Cart button – what do you have to lose?
What critics and customers say about our AccuVoice technology:
"Great for folks who have trouble hearing the TV." CNET
"The ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 incorporates sound processing tech like hearing aids. In my tests, the speaker made voices louder and clearer." Wall St. Journal
"I recommend the AccuVoice Speaker to anyone who has difficulty understanding their TV." Lindsey Banks, Au.D., EverydayHearing.com
"The AccuVoice Speaker’s clear voice reproduction is a godsend." About.com
"I have one word for the vocal reproduction: WOW." Don Lindich, Sound Advice Syndicated Newpaper Column
"My father-in-law is hard of hearing and can't watch a movie unless our TV is turned up all the way. He sat in the furthest seat from the TV last night and smiled. He could hear conversations thanks to the AccuVoice." ZVOX Customer
"Voice clarity really enhanced for these two baby boomers! We can FINALLY understand what the characters are saying again!" ZVOX Customer
Features and Specifications
- Aluminum cabinet — 17" w x 2.9" h x 3.1" d
- Dual inputs (toslink optical digital and 3.5mm analog/toslink) so you can connect it to your TV plus one other audio source
- AccuVoice dialog clarity feature uses hearing aid technology for clear voices
- PhaseCue® virtual surround delivers room-filling home theater sound from one cabinet
- Output leveling mode tames loud commercials
- Can work with virtually any infrared remote control
- Three full-range speakers will fill a room with realistic sound
- Includes multi-function remote control
- Hangers on back panel allow for wall mounting
- Can be placed above TV, below TV, or on a shelf to the left or right of TV
- Dimensions: 17 "W x 3.1 "D x 2.9 "H
- Weight: 3.1 pounds. With box and packing: 5 pounds.
- Amplifier: The AV205 uses a high-efficiency 24 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Inputs: (1) 3.5mm analogtoslink combo input, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input
- Outputs: (1) headphone/subwoofer output jack
- Frequency range: 68 Hz - 20 kHz.
- AccuVoice and Output Leveling Features
- PhaseCue Virtual Surround Sound
- Speakers: (3) 2" x 3" high-output full-range speakers with neodymium magnets
- Extruded aluminum cabinet
- Can be used on furniture or wall-mounted
- The ZVOX AV205 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One optical digital (TOSLINK) cable
- One stereo mini-to-mini (3.5mm) cable
- One stereo mini-to-RCA cable
- Multifunction ZVOX remote control with cable/satellite remote programming guide
- Power cord
- One-sheet safety instructions, operations manual, Quick Start guide, warranty card.
"The ZVOX AccuVoice TV Speaker definitely delivers what it promises -On a star rating scale from 1-to-5, I give the ZVOX Audio AV200 AccuVoice TV Speaker 4.5 stars." -Robert Silva, About.com
“On a scale of 1 to 10, for 250 bucks, this is a major, major, major go. I am literally blown away by how good this speaker sounds.” -Flossy Carter, YouTube
"The ZVOX Accuvoice AV200 TV Speaker clearly lived up to its claim of more understandable dialogue." -Tech50 Plus
"The AccuVoice TV speaker truly lives up to its promise. At no point was the dialogue in any show I watched lost or even the tiniest bit of a struggle to hear." -Rotten Tomatoes
"I would definitely recommend the ZVOX AccuVoice TV Speaker to anyone who has a hearing loss, or has normal hearing but still has difficulty understanding their TV. Even if you “think” you have no hearing issues, the improved clarity will prevent you from habitually turning the volume up louder." -Everyday Hearing