SoundBase 320 Overview
- Sound Bar Home Theater Fits Under Your TV
- Only 11.5" Deep -- Fits On Most Bookshelves
- Great Computer Sound System -- Fits Under Your Monitor
- Surround Sound Without Multiple Speakers & Wires
- No External Subwoofer - Everything's Built-In
- Super-Clear Vocals
- "Loud Commercial Control" Technology
- Front-Panel iPod®/Portable Connection
- Works With Your Remote
A ZVOX Audio V-Series system accepts analog audio or PCM digital audio. An analog audio output on a TV works in all cases (if available). In order to use digital audio, the TV or each of its digital program sources should be configured to PCM digital audio format. Don't hesitate to contact ZVOX Audio regarding the best method for connecting a V-Series system to your TV. Please note your TV's brand and model number. Call us toll free: (866) FOR-ZVOX (866) 367-9869 or email us at email@example.com
Only 3.5" high, 23.7" wide and 11.5" deep, the SoundBase 320 system can fill your room with rich, satisfying 3D sound -- including thumping bass response -- with no external speakers, subwoofers or speaker wires! The 320's sound quality is excellent because we use high performance speakers and amplifiers. And unlike any other sound bar in its price category, the SoundBase 320 uses a wood (MDF) cabinet -- not plastic.
Since the complete system is only 23.7" wide and 11.5" deep, so it will fit on almost any furniture or bookshelf. It's the ideal size for use with most TVs from 27" to 42" in size. And it works really well as a desktop audio system for your computer. Hookup is super-simple -- just one connecting wire and a one-page owner's manual. You can even teach the ZVOX 320 to respond to your TV or cable box remote control!
If you want great TV sound without the complexity...without the mess....and without the high price, the SoundBase 320 is the right choice for you.
Crystal-Clear Vocals. Our Dialog Emphasis feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices unbelievably clear. It's amazing.
Tame Loud Commercials. Tired of commercials that blast you out of your chair? Our Output Leveling feature reacts instantly and turns them down to a lower level. You'll love it.
PhaseCue® II Virtual Surround Sound. The 320 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music.. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 320 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue processing "remarkably ingenious."
Disappearing Display. The 320 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue II® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Uses Your Remote Control. The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control -- it takes less than a minute. Then your TV remote...or cable box remote...or satellite receiver remote...can control volume, mute and power functions of the ZVOX system.
Multiple Inputs...including front-panel connection for iPod® and other portable devices. The 320 has two analog audio inputs, one optical (Toslink) digital input, one coaxial digital input - plus a front panel 3.5mm analog stereo input for convenient connection of your iPod or other portable audio device. Any specific input can be selected using either the remote control or the slim-line module below the speaker grille.
Just Plain Great Sound. The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The 320 uses premium quality speakers and amplifiers and was designed by our team of "New England Sound" speaker designers. We think you will be amazed at just how good such a small system can sound.
- Dimensions: 23.7"W x 11.5"D x 3.5"H
- Weight: 11 pounds. With box and packing: 13 pounds.
- Amplifier: 40 watts with digital power supply.
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Frequency range: 55 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 320 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems - including the PhaseCue II system - are limited in their effects when compared to a good 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue II is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- The 320 is bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 320's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 320's three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 320 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- Works only with 110-120 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 320 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One 1-meter stereo 3.5mm mini-jack to mini-jack connecting cord
- One 2-meter toslink (optical digital) connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue II (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), Dialog Emphasis (DE).
- Power adapter and cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.
- Click here for the V320 Product Manual
Crutchfield Home Audio
Our take on the ZVOX Z-Base V320 - Sound bar speakers: room-filling sound with less clutter
Add big sound to your TV without a roomful of speakers. Sound bars require minimal space and wiring, and their sleek designs complement today's flat-panel TVs. Most sound bars have their own built-in amplification, so you won't need to use a home theater receiver. Some models use advanced surround processing and carefully aimed speaker drivers to simulate the effects of a full home theater audio system.
ZVOX creates high-performance TV sound that's also practical. Posing as a compact, mild-mannered pedestal, the Z-Base V320 speaker will give your HDTV the boost in sound quality it deserves. Flexible connection capabilities include analog and digital audio inputs, for both newer and older TVs and components.
Putting the emphasis on dialogue — not commercials. Tiny television speakers tend to muddy speech, often making it difficult to follow the story. That's why ZVOX created a dialogue enhancement feature that gives voices new clarity and prominence. What's more, ZVOX knows how sponsors love to blast us out of our seats during commercial breaks. Thanks to the output leveling feature, the V320 keeps commercials on a short leash so you can just relax and enjoy.
ZVOX Z-Base V320 - A whole lot of goodness in a sweet little package. This one-piece system houses three full-range speakers, a high-output woofer, and built-in amplification — there's no need to use a separate receiver or run wires to any external speakers. Plus, the V320 is designed to serve as a convenient base for flat-panel TVs with screen sizes up to 42". Even older TVs sit perfectly atop this sturdy wooden cabinet that can support up to 120 lbs. Place the Z-Base directly underneath your TV and you won't have to worry about making extra room for it on your entertainment stand.
Convenience is key
The Z-Base V320 is a great place to plug in your iPod® or portable player for terrific sound. It has a minijack input on the front panel for easy access. The display on the V320 lights up from behind the front cloth grille then disappears when not in use. And the V320 learns the commands of your TV remote, giving you one less clicker to keep track of. Signal-sensing circuitry powers the system on and off along with your TV.
The Z-Base 320 is only 23.7" wide by 11.5" deep by 3.5" high. Everything is inside this compact cabinet - speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
The 320 requires only one connecting cord -- both analog and digital signal connections are supported. Connect the one cord and you're done. You can place the 320 directly beneath most 27" - 42" TVs. (*TV base should not exceed 22" in width or 10" in depth. TV should not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Safety instructions in Z-Base 320 Operating Instructions and in TV's Operating Instructions should be closely examined and followed.)
Simple To Use
In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the ZVOX 320 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can adjust volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound
The 320 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you - putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 320 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system "remarkably ingenious."
No Skimping On Speaker Quality
Most audio systems in our price category use very cheap speakers in plastic cabinets. But at ZVOX we're "old school" about things like this. We use nothing but high quality speaker drivers, carefully designed by ZVOX engineers and manufactured to our specification. The 320 uses specially treated long-excursion main drivers. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material used in most high-end loudspeakers.
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
"An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
"An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
"Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
"Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
"Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
"Best audio product of the year." - CNET
"Knockout sound." - MSNBC
"A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
"Home theater product of the year." - About.com
"Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide