If you have a TV in a medium-sized or smaller room, the SoundBase 330 could be the perfect sound system from you. The 24" wide 330 will fit on a 13" deep shelf, plus lots of other small places. The all-digital 330’s ingenious processing adds clarity and impact to speech, video sound effects and music. Our PhaseCue virtual surround technology allows sound effects to fill your room. You quickly forget that all the sound comes from only one compact cabinet. Like the best multi-cabinet sound systems, the SoundBase 330 has individual Left, Center and Right speakers, plus a 5.25" powered subwoofer, all housed in a robust wood cabinet. You will hear super-clear dialogue and smooth musical sound, from a system that works with your existing remote control.
Only 3.5" high, you can place the SoundBase 330 under your TV, or place it on furniture somewhere near your TV. It’s a good match for most TVs from 27" – 42" in size. And it’s loaded with cool features: Our AccuVoice technology delivers super-clear voice reproduction. Output Leveling tames loud commercials. Remote Learning lets the 330 work with your current remote. Connect the 330 to any TV’s digital audio output. Additional analog audio inputs allow you to connect additional audio devices.
It's likely you have a TV in a bedroom, office, den, workshop or kitchen that you listen to a lot. That TV is calling out for a SoundBase 330 home theater system.
- Sound Bar Home Theater Fits Under Your TV
- Perfect for most TVs 27" - 42"
- Great Computer Sound System -- Fits Under Your Monitor
- Fits on most bookshelves
- No External Subwoofer - Everything's Built-In
- AccuVoice feature delivers super-clear voice reproduction
- "Loud Commercial Control" Technology
- All-digital processing and amplification with Dolby Digital decoding
- Works With Your Remote
More Detail for the Detail-Minded
Dialog up, commercials down. If you can't hear the actors, it's nearly impossible to follow the story. That's why ZVOX created our AccuVoice feature that gives voices new clarity and prominence. What's more, ZVOX knows how sponsors love to blast us out of our seats during commercial breaks. The 330’s Output Leveling feature clamps down on commercial outburst, so you can just relax.
Big sound from a small console. This one-piece system houses three full-range speakers, a high-output woofer, and built-in amplification — there's no need to use a separate receiver or run wires to any external speakers. Plus, the 330 is designed to serve as a convenient base for flat-panel TVs with screen sizes up to 42". Even older TVs sit perfectly atop this sturdy wooden cabinet, since it can support up to 50 lbs. Place the SoundBase 330 directly underneath your TV and you won't have to worry about making extra room for it on your entertainment cabinet.
Built with convenience in mind. You can connect iPod® or portable player to available extra inputs for terrific sound. The display on the 330 lights up from behind the front cloth grille then disappears when not in use. And the 330 learns the commands of your TV remote, giving you one less clicker to keep track of. Cable or Satellite remote control-sensing circuitry powers the system on and off along with your TV.
Crystal-Clear Vocals. Our AccuVoice Dialog Emphasis feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices unbelievably clear. It's amazing.
Tame Loud Commercials. Tired of commercials that blast you out of your chair? Our Output Leveling feature reacts instantly and turns them down to a lower level. You'll love it.
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound. The 330 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music.. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of surround sound systems with multiple speaker cabinets, the ZVOX 330 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue processing "remarkably ingenious."
Disappearing Display. The 330 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (AV) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Multiple Inputs. The 330 has two analog audio inputs, plus one digital audio input (supports both optical [TOSLINK] or coaxial digital cables). Any specific input can be selected using either the SoundBase’s remote control or the slim-line button panel on the SoundBase cabinet.
Just Plain Great Sound. The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The 330 uses premium quality speakers and amplifiers and was designed by our team of "New England Sound" speaker designers. We think you will be amazed at just how good such a small system can sound.
Uses Your Remote Control. The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control -- it takes less than a minute. Then your TV remote...or cable box remote...or satellite receiver remote...can control volume, mute and power functions of the ZVOX system.
- Dimensions: 23.7"W x 11.5"D x 3.5"H
- Weight: 12 pounds. With box and packing: 17 pounds.
- Amplifier: 40 watts with digital power supply.
- Rear inputs: Supports one digital audio signal connection, from (1) optical (Toslink) digital jack or (1) coaxial digital jack. Supports two analog stereo inputs (L/R RCA jack pairs)
- Frequency range: 55 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Virtual surround sound: The 330 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems - including the PhaseCue system - are limited in their effects when compared to a good multi-cabinet 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- The 330 is bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 330's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 330's three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 330 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- Works with 100-240 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 330 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One 2-meter RCA to RCA connecting cord
- One 2-meter Stereo RCA to Stereo Mini-jack connecting cord
- One 2-meter toslink (optical digital) connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), Dialog Emphasis (DE).
- Power adapter and cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.
The Z-Base 330 is only 23.7" wide by 11.5" deep by 3.5" high. Everything is inside this compact cabinet - speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
The 330 requires only one connecting cord -- both analog and digital signal connections are supported. Connect the one cord and you're done. You can place the 330 directly beneath most 27" - 42" TVs. (*TV base should not exceed 22" in width or 10" in depth. TV should not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Safety instructions in Z-Base 330 Operating Instructions and in TV's Operating Instructions should be closely examined and followed.)
Simple To Use
In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the ZVOX 330 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can adjust volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound
The 330 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you - putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 330 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system "remarkably ingenious."
No Skimping On Speaker Quality
Most audio systems in our price category use very cheap speakers in plastic cabinets. But at ZVOX we're "old school" about things like this. We use nothing but high quality speaker drivers, carefully designed by ZVOX engineers and manufactured to our specification. The 330 uses specially treated long-excursion main drivers. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material used in most high-end loudspeakers.
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
- "An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
- "An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
- "Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
- "Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
- "Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
- "Best audio product of the year." - CNET
- "Knockout sound." - MSNBC
- "A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
- "Home theater product of the year." - About.com
- "Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide