Closeout - Available While Supplies LastOur SoundBase 450 might be the best home theater bargain in the world. It uses a highly-sophisticated processor for improved sound and improved features. aptX Bluetooth is built in so you can stream music wirelessly from your phone or tablet. And with PhaseCue virtual surround sound, five speakers and a 5.25” powered subwoofer built into a wood cabinet, you get outstanding three dimensional sound for TV, movies or music. Only 3.5" high, 27 9/16" wide and 14.5" deep, the 450 fits under your TV. No external speakers. No external subwoofer. And no speaker wires!
The 450's sound quality is excellent because we use high performance speakers and amplifiers. And unlike any other sound bar in its price category, the SoundBase 450 uses a wood (MDF) cabinet -- not plastic. Our PhaseCue virtual surround system creates 3D sound with movies or music. And hookup is super-simple -- just one connecting wire and a one-page owner's manual. You can even teach the ZVOX 450 to respond to your TV or cable box remote control!
A great home theater system doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. The SoundBase 450 is a great choice for people who want a lot of sound for their money.
- Sound Bar Home Theater Fits Under Your TV
- Perfect For Most TVs 32" - 55"
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming from your phone or tablet
- Surround Sound Without Multiple Speakers & Wires
- No External Subwoofer - Everything's Built-In
- Super-Clear Vocals
- "Loud Commercial Control" Technology
- All-digital processing and amplification with Dolby Digital decoding
- Works With Your Remote
More Detail for the Detail-Minded
aptX Bluetooth wireless audio. The 450 has a high-performance aptX Bluetooth receiver built in. You can stream audio wirelessly from your phone or tablet. The aptX codec allows for CD-quality audio with this connection (with aptX equipped phones, tablets or computers).
Dialog up, commercials down. If you can't hear the actors, it's nearly impossible to follow the story. That's why ZVOX created our AccuVoice feature that gives voices new clarity and prominence. What's more, ZVOX knows how sponsors love to blast us out of our seats during commercial breaks. The 450’s Output Leveling feature clamps down on commercial outburst, so you can just relax.
Big sound from a small console. This one-piece system houses five full-range speakers, a high-output woofer, and built-in amplification — there's no need to use a separate receiver or run wires to any external speakers. Plus, the 450 is designed to serve as a convenient base for flat-panel TVs with screen sizes up to 55". Even older TVs sit perfectly atop this sturdy wooden cabinet, since it can support up to 70 lbs. Place the SoundBase 450 directly underneath your TV and you won't have to worry about making extra room for it on your entertainment cabinet.
Built with convenience in mind. You can connect iPod® or portable player to available extra inputs for terrific sound. The display on the 450 lights up from behind the front cloth grille then disappears when not in use. And the 450 learns the commands of your TV remote, giving you one less clicker to keep track of. Cable or Satellite remote control-sensing circuitry powers the system on and off along with your TV.
Crystal-Clear Vocals. Our Accu-Voice Dialog Emphasis feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices unbelievably clear. It's amazing.
Tame Loud Commercials. Tired of commercials that blast you out of your chair? Our Output Leveling feature reacts instantly and turns them down to a lower level. You'll love it.
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound. The 450 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music.. While no virtual surround system - including ours - will give you the surround effects of a good surround sound system with multiple speaker cabinets, the ZVOX 450 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue processing "remarkably ingenious."
Disappearing Display. The 450 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (ACCU) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Multiple Inputs...including including Bluetooth streaming. The 450 has two analog audio inputs, plus one digital audio input (supports both optical [TOSLINK] or coaxial digital cables). Any specific input can be selected using either the SoundBase’s remote control or the slim-line button panel on the SoundBase cabinet.
Just Plain Great Sound. The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The 450 uses premium quality speakers and amplifiers and was designed by our team of "New England Sound" speaker designers. We think you will be amazed at just how good such a small system can sound.
Uses Your Remote Control. The SoundBase system can be programmed to respond to your remote control -- it takes less than a minute. Then your TV remote...or cable box remote...or satellite receiver remote...can control volume, mute and power functions of the ZVOX system.
- Dimensions: 27.6"W x 14.5"D x 3.5"H
- Weight: 16 pounds. With box and packing: 21 pounds.
- Amplifier: 50 watts with digital power supply
- Rear inputs: Supports one digital audio signal connection, from (1) optical (Toslink) digital jack or (1) coaxial digital jack. Supports two analog stereo inputs (L/R RCA jack pairs)
- Frequency range: 45 Hz - 20 kHz..
- Virtual surround sound: The 450 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems - including the PhaseCue system - are limited in their effects when compared to a good multi-channel 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- The 450 is bi-amplified, using specially designed amplifiers that include electronic contouring for superb frequency response.
- The 450's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
- The 450's five 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
- Unlike most systems in its category, the 450 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
- Works with 100-240 volt power systems.
- The ZVOX 450 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One 2-meter RCA to RCA connecting cord
- One 2-meter Stereo RCA to Stereo Mini-jack connecting cord
- One 2-meter toslink (optical digital) connecting cable
- One remote control with power on/off, volume up/down, mute, PhaseCue (three level settings), bass up/down and treble up/down, input selection, Output Leveling (OL), AccuVoice (ACCU)).
- Power adapter and cord
- One-sheet safety instructions and operations manual, fast setup sheet and remote control programming instruction sheet.
"When the SoundBase 450 is set up and working, it produces excellent sound. You can blast movies that rumble the room, and still hear the voices clearly. One of the first things we did was watch Star Wars, Revenge of the Jedi on it, and the music and effects were fantastic!...There are plenty of more expensive systems that you could buy for your home theater setup, but for those of us who want great theater sound without a huge space or money commitment, the ZVOX SoundBase 450 is ideal." -Gear Diary
"I can see the enormous benefits it would have for those with hearing loss, and even improve the TV listening ease of those with normal hearing...The TV sound is richer, clearer, and much easier to understand with the ZVOX system. I would definitely recommend it to my patients with hearing loss." -Everyday Hearing
The Z-Base 450 is only 27.6” wide by 14.5” deep by 3.5” high. Everything is inside this compact cabinet – speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
The 450 requires only one connecting cord -- you can use either analog or digital connection options. Connect the one cord and you're done. You can place the 450 directly beneath most 32" to 55" TVs. (* TV base should not exceed 27" in width or 13" in depth. TV should not exceed 70 pounds in weight. Safety instructions in Z-Base 450 Operating Instructions and in TV's Operating Instructions should be closely examined and followed.)
Simple To Use
In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the ZVOX 450 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can control volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound
The 450 uses ZVOX’s proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue creates a very wide soundstage – it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you – putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system – including ours – will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 450 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system “remarkably ingenious.”
No Skimping On Speaker Quality
Most audio systems in our price category use very cheap speakers in plastic cabinets. But at ZVOX we’re “old school” about things like this. We use nothing but high quality speaker drivers, carefully designed by ZVOX engineers and manufactured to our specification. The 450 uses specially treated long-excursion main drivers. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material uses in most high-end loudspeakers.
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
- "An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
- "An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
- "Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
- "Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
- "Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
- "Best audio product of the year." - CNET
- "Knockout sound." - MSNBC
- "A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
- "Home theater product of the year." - About.com
- "Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide