The ZVOX SB700 is similar to our highly-reviewed SB500 sound bar – but in a wider cabinet designed to match up with TVs 65” and larger. Its sleek aluminum cabinet encloses three high performance speakers (including a center speaker), two powered subwoofers and a 140-watt digital amplifier. The ZVOX MegaBass system uses advanced digital contouring to deliver astonishing bass from the slim (3.3”) cabinet. Unlike most sound bars, no external subwoofer is required. PhaseCue® virtual surround creates three-dimensional home theater sound from one cabinet. And the revolutionary AccuVoice® system uses hearing aid technology to deliver incredibly clear voices – on movies, TV shows or sporting events. Output Leveling tames loud commercials. aptX Bluetooth provides wireless connectivity with your phone or tablet so you can stream music through the SB500. It’s easy to program the SB700 so it will work with virtually any remote control. If you want a home theater with superb sound quality, designer styling and state-of-the-art features, the SB700 is the perfect choice.
The SB700 can be placed on its "back" in situations where space is at a premium. In this installation the LED display is replaced with an LED indicator light. See photo gallery for examples.
ZVOX Goes Full Metal Jacket with New Line of Aluminum Sound Bars. -Big Picture Big Sound
- Room-filling 3D sound from a single aluminum cabinet.
- AccuVoice® feature uses hearing aid technology to deliver ultra-clear dialogue.
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from your phone or tablet.
- Dual built-in subwoofers with MegaBass produce great bass without external subwoofer.
- Works with your current remote control.
- Output Leveling tames loud commercials.
- Multiple inputs make it simple to add a multi-zone streaming audio receiver.
- Works well with TVs from 65 ”- 90”.
More Detail for the Detail-Minded
Great Sound. The most important feature for any home theater system is high quality sound. The SB700 uses three high-performance speakers, two built-in powered subwoofers, an acoustically stable aluminum cabinet and a 140-watt Class D digital amplifier to create warm, natural sound and surprisingly powerful bass.
Uses your Remote Control. The SB700 can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through the process in less than a minute. Then your TV remote or cable box remote or satellite receiver remote or any remote can control volume, mute, and power.
Taming Loud Commercials. If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial, or by a cable channel that's twice as loud as another channel, you'll love the Output Leveling (OL) feature on the ZVOX SB700. Just push the 'OL' button and a sophisticated compression system takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
Adapts To Multi-Zone Wifi Audio. The SB700 has multiple inputs so you can easily connect audio devices in addition to your TV. For example, connect a Chromecast® Audio device (optional, not included with system) and you can use the SB700 as part of a multi-zone wifi audio system. Plus it has built-in Bluetooth wireless streaming from your phone or tablet.
Big Sound From Small Cabinet. You don't need a room full of speakers for home theater sound. The SB700 uses the PhaseCue virtual surround system to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. Sound & Vision Magazine says the PhaseCue system “creates an impressive spread of sound, far larger than the box itself, remarkably ingenious.”
Clear Voice Reproduction. Do you ever have trouble understanding voices while watching a TV show? Then you’ll love the AccuVoice feature on the SB700. It uses hearing aid technology to tailor the sound so voices are crystal-clear. No other system matches the voice clarity of AccuVoice.
Slim Aluminum Cabinet. The SB700 features a stylish, slim cabinet constructed of anodized aluminum – not plastic. The metal design provides low-resonance audio characteristics, and allows the SB700 to produce room-filling sound while maintaining a slim cabinet depth of 3.2 inches.
MegaBass. The new ZVOX MegaBass feature uses digital processing to tailor sound and control the subwoofer to a degree never before achieved. The result is robust, accurate bass – down to 38 Hz – without an external subwoofer. You won’t believe it…until you hear it.
Bluetooth Streaming. The system uses an aptX Bluetooth receiver to stream high quality music wirelessly from your phone, tablet or computer. Play iTunes, Pandora, Spotify or other music formats wirelessly through the ZVOX system.
- Dimensions: 57.1 "W x 3.3 "D x 5.7 "H
- Weight: 19.5 pounds. With box and packing: 22 pounds.
- Amplifier: The SB700 uses a high-efficiency 140 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Inputs: (1) analog stereo input, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) Bluetooth
- Frequency range: 38 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Auto Signal Sensing:The SB700 includes an Auto Signal Detect turn on feature not described in the User Manual. The detection applies to optical input #1, which most people will use for their TV. After the TV is turned off, the SB700 automatically enters a low-power Standby mode, usually around 20-25 minutes later (the Auto Standby feature). When the TV is turned on at some later point, Auto Signal Detect senses the audio signal on optical Input 1 and the SB700 turns on. Optical input 1 is also selected, so even if the analog audio input was last used when the SB700 entered Standby, the SB700 starts playing TV audio when the TV is turned on.
- Virtual surround sound: The SB700 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound – pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, literally surrounding the listener. Note: All virtual surround systems – including the PhaseCue system – are limited in their effects when compared to a good 5.1 system. And sitcoms, news broadcasts and soundtracks from older movies often have very little in the way of three-dimensional sound. That being said, PhaseCue is capable of generating a wonderful and engaging virtual surround experience.
- BlueGiga Bluetooth Wireless Audio with aptX for optimal connectivity, range and sound quality
- AccuVoice (Dialog Emphasis) and Output Leveling Features
- Woofers: (2) 4" long-excursion woofer
- Speakers: (3) 2" long-excursion full-range speakers
- The ZVOX SB700 is backed by a one year limited parts and labor warranty.
What's In The Box?
- One stereo RCA to stereo RCA connecting cable
- One optical digital (TOSLINK) cable
- One stereo RCA to 3.5mm mini plug
- Multifunction ZVOX remote control with cable/satellite remote programming guide
- Power cord
- One-sheet safety instructions, operations manual, Quick Start guide, warranty card.
- Cardboard template and rubber pads for wall-mounting
The SoundBar SB700 is only 57.1 ” wide by 3.3 ” deep by 5.7 ” high. Everything is inside this compact cabinet – speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
The SB700 requires only one connecting cord -- you can use either analog or digital connection options. Connect the one cord and you're done.
Simple To Use
In about one minute you can follow a simple routine that will "teach" the SB700 to respond to the commands of your TV or cable/satellite remote control. So you can adjust control volume, mute, input and power with your remote, not ours. When you've finished the routine, turning on your TV will automatically turn on the ZVOX system. About three minutes after you turn off your TV, the ZVOX system will automatically go into standby mode.
Virtual Surround Sound
The SB700 uses ZVOX’s proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue creates a very wide soundstage – it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you – putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system – including ours – will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the SB700 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system “remarkably ingenious.”
Bluetooth Wireless Audio
The system uses an aptX Bluetooth receiver to stream high quality music wirelessly from your phone, tablet or computer. Play iTunes, Pandora, Spotify or other music formats wirelessly through the ZVOX system..
Dialogue Enhancement for Super Clear Vocals
Our exclusive "AccuVoice®"; dialogue enhancement feature uses hearing aid technology to make voices unbelievably clear and easy to understand, at any volume. This is especially useful to people who suffer from hearing loss or impairment.
Taming Loud Commercials
If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial, or by a cable channel that's twice as loud as another channel, you'll love the Output Leveling (OL) feature on the ZVOX SB700. Just push the 'OL' button and a sophisticated compression system takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
Here's what the critics say about ZVOX sound systems:
- "An audiophile quality system." - Stereophile
- "An awesome system...remarkably ingenious." - Sound + Vision
- "Creates a sonic dance." - The New York Times
- "Bigger audio dynamite." - The Wall Street Journal
- "Best Buy." - Consumers Digest
- "Best audio product of the year." - CNET
- "Knockout sound." - MSNBC
- "A single box powerhouse." - Men's Journal
- "Home theater product of the year." - About.com
- "Impressive sound without the clutter." - TV Guide